Wednesday 3 December 2014

TOM PAXTON - My Lady Is A High Wild Dove/Can't Help But Wonder?

OLD PA'S WEDNESDAY CLUB

Do you remember your first time?

A Trident 1


 
TOM PAXTON - My Lady's A Wild Flying Dove (1964)

We all remember our first time, don't we ? I suppose it is a landmark in anybody's life. I remember my first flight as if it was yesterday. Because it was my first flight I suppose that is why I remember it.

It was not the only first that week-end. It was also the first time I had crossed the border into England. The first time I actually left Scotland and I was 21 years of age.

I was visiting my girl friend who had recently started as a ground Ground Hostess with British Airways and as a birthday treat she bought me a ticket for a flight from London to Manchester. We would take the flight and get the train back to London. To be quite honest I do not remember too much about it. I know the Aircraft was a Trident 1 and I do remember being very excited at the time. But the whole significance was, really it was just my first time.

Do you remember your first time?
  
 
TOM PAXTON - I Can't Help Wonder Where I am Bound (1964)

In 1964 Tom Paxton was a Great Contender but never really followed up the Fabulous Ramblin' Boy album. 

Related Posts

TOM PAXTON - My Lady Is A High Wild Dove/Can't Help But Wonder?
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.

6 comments

Tulis comments
avatar
C
3 December 2014 at 06:30

How many flights do you think you've clocked up since then? I imagine it's a fair few!

I never thought I'd fly - until I got a chance I couldn't refuse - a free weekend in New York courtesy of the company I worked for (and Virgin Airlines). I was so excited... and absolutely loved the experience...it seemed so magical I felt like a child again even though I was 29!

Reply
avatar
3 December 2014 at 07:07

C - i bet you had a great time...New York is a great place for a short break and 'do' the sites. I have worked for airlines most of my life since that first flight...I could not count the number of flights...just remember the ones like that first one that standout.

Reply
avatar
3 December 2014 at 12:28

May I state publicly that I am one of those who just don't like flying? I have been in a plane a total of four times in my life and have no plans to add to that number. Yes, I do wish I felt otherwise but there it is. I expect I've stopped my family from travelling as much as we might have done. I feel rotten about it. Tom Paxton has a really nice voice, doesn't he?

Reply
avatar
sfw
3 December 2014 at 13:45

It's sad that I cannot remember my "first time" - probably because I was so young and that flying was always a part of my life. I remember my last one though - air France from Cuba and having "bad weather" - it shook the plane for about 5 hours - however it rocked me to sleep - nice tune

Reply
avatar
5 December 2014 at 01:38

I didn't fly until I was in my early 30s and thereafter flew a lot throughout the 1990s and 2000s. I started off nervous, but grew in confidence after a couple of flights, then had a bad one which knocked my confidence for six. I had to virtually drink myself into unconsciousness to get on the plane for my next few trips. It got easier, but I haven't flown since 2010.

Reply
avatar
5 December 2014 at 02:56

TS - i always love to have a few when flying...maybe the whole atmosphere helped the 'high' so to speak...do not drink much on planes now 'tho.

Reply

Powered by Blogger.