Friday 28 February 2014

DYLAN COVERS #138 Neil Diamond - Make You Feel My Love/Lay Lady Lay


I am I said!

 
NEIL DIAMOND - Make You feel My love (2008)

This is a fabulous take on what has become the X-Factor's  favourite song. I even think it is better than Adele's version, which is not too shabby either. I just hope that Cliff Richard does not jump on the band waggon and releases a cover for his 96th Christmas attempt for a number one.

It comes from Neil'Home Before Dark (deluxe Edition) (2008) album, where he attempts to do his Johnny Cash thing with Rick Rubin. It is not a bad album at all.

The Second cover is a pretty boring live take from the album set Stages (2003) Live recordings between 1970 and 2002.
 
NEIL DIAMOND - Lay Lady Lay (2003)

Related Posts

DYLAN COVERS #138 Neil Diamond - Make You Feel My Love/Lay Lady Lay
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.

1 comments:

Tulis comments
avatar
28 February 2014 at 00:52

'Make You Feel My Love' is a song most effective when sung with a voice 'like sand and glue', which is of course where all the X-Factor twits go so very wrong - vocal gymnastics are surplus to requirements. I'm not a huge fan of Neil, but his pared back take is not too bad at all. Sadly he loses all my goodwill with the bloated version of 'Lay Lady Lay'.

Reply

Powered by Blogger.