Tuesday 8 January 2013

DYLAN BEST OF 2012

Its a tough call picking the 3 best Dylan Covers from 2012 especially when you have had such a high volume of great releases, think the 78 track.Chimes of Freedom: Songs of Bob Dylan  for starters. I had to pick one from there, didn't I, it would have been rude not to.

 So here are 3 from 2012, maybe not your best, but I liked them  :


 
JIMMY LA FAVE - Red River Shore

I love Jimmy Lafave's voice and he is one of the top interpreters of Dylan songs and in fact any other song he puts his mind too. I would say Red River Shore is probably my favourite Dylan Cover of the Year. It is just a great song. It is amazing it did not get a release and we had to wait until a Genuine Bootleg (well most of us). It can be found on Jimmy's album 'Depending on the Distance'. A cover of  'Tomrrow is a Long Time' can also be found on this album. Great stuff!

The Mariachis
 
MARIACHI EL BRONX - Love Sick

This is from the amazing project for Amnesty,  Chimes of Freedom: Songs of Bob Dylan, 78 bleeding covers. Christmas came early this year. There are of course many more gems here, but I have chosen this one simply because I like it. Well that's my excuse.

Eric Bibb
 

ERIC BIBB - The Times They are a Changin'

The Eric Bibb cover I chose as he is kind of personal. I was introduced to a Bibb concert by a dear friend, two weeks later we also went together to see Bob himself in London Docklands.  Sadly within 6 month my friend had succumbed to  the dreaded Big C.

This exellent cover can be found on Bibb's album 'Deeper in the Well'

It has been a great year for Dylan Covers, I keep discovering gems all the time and as long as I am still keen, I  will share them with you. Too late to stop now.....oh no! that's Van.


What is your best 3 Dylan Covers this year. Let me know! I am always looking for ones I have missed. I have now gathered quite a large catalogue of Bobby covers (MP3 etc). If I have it I will share.

For more Dylan Covers

Related Posts

DYLAN BEST OF 2012
4/ 5
Oleh

Subscribe via email

Like the post above? Please subscribe to the latest posts directly via email.

Powered by Blogger.